Summary: Life is filled with changed. In order to navigate the changes successfully, we must make the transition by not being stuck in the past and by taking hold of the future, especially a future that has God at the center, or we may sadly find ourself stuck where we are.
Open (5 min)
1. What do you miss most about childhood?
Dig (20 min)
2. Heb 11:8-12 - Ur was a sophisticated city with running water in individual homes via aqueducts. What must have this move been like for Abraham and his family?
3. Heb 11:13-16 - What enabled Abraham to live contentedly when he transitioned to his new surroundings? If it were you, would you want to go back?
4. What is the difference between “small” hopes, and the “big hope?” What are examples of each? What role do each play in our lives?
Apply (20-25 min)
5. What are some changes you are, or will be facing in your life?
6. How would the lack of small hopes affect you through these changes? (see Eccl 7:10)
7. (Heb 12:1-3; Eccl 12:1) - How would the lack of the large hope affect you in these changes?
8. What adjustments do you need to make in your attitude about the changes you have, and will be experiencing?
9. How would these adjustments help you to better minister to others in this group? In the congregation? Your neighbors, co-workers and family?