Honoring Your Father
Summary: The reason we should honor our Father is because God has entrusted him with the greatest responsibility of spiritual leadership. Honoring him will cause his joy, not greif in his job. The model for the ideal father-child relationship comes from God, the ultimate father.
1. What is your best Father's Day memory? Your worst?
2. Read Romans 8:12-17
3. What does the title, "Father" say about our relationship with God? How does this affect how you see fatherhood?
4. Many people's view of God is colored by their view of their earthly father. Explain why this is good or bad.
5. Since God is not a man, how is it possible for a person to look to God as a model for fatherhood or as a model for how we are to treat our fathers?
6. How should you honor your father God according to each of these passages?
a. Hebrews 5:12 – 6:2
b. Heb 8:1-2
c. Heb 10:32-39
d. Heb 12:5-6
7. Which one of these do you struggle with the most and why?
8. What can you learn about how to honor your earthly father from these?